Paul Weyrich says McCain a "Manchurian Candidate"

rompu at mhonline.net rompu at mhonline.net
Tue Feb 29 11:49:27 PST 2000

I think it's about time we all got over the idea that any given instance of a particular use of language is in indicator of the true nature of another human being. Seems to me that the fact McCain supported normalization of relations with Vietnam means that he doesn't really think of all Vietnamese as "gooks". True, it might just mean that he sees them as just another potential market for US goods or perhaps some sort of strategic ally in Asia, but picking at specific instances of language use seems really pointless. If I were held to all the things that came out of my mouth I'd probably sound like a pretty despicable person, and I'm sure I'd go nuts.

Antony Widoff