Fwd: Berkeley, CA: LEAP DAY ACTION NIGHT!

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Tue Feb 29 11:54:04 PST 2000

You're Invited to

LEAP DAY ACTION NIGHT

A roving, creative, theatric festival of Resistance to Corporate Domination in Downtown Berkeley and around the world

Use your extra day to smash capitalism, patriarchy and the state

Meet at Berkeley BART station (Center & Shattuck) at 6 p.m. on Leap Day, Tuesday, February 29 for a rally, followed by a simultaneous march and critical mass (if numbers are sufficient-- otherwise we'll just march) to visit and protest various corporate outposts in Berkeley.

Be prepared for a PARTICIPATORY puppet theatre action: Tiny finger puppets will be passed out to participants (its a lot easier to escape, if necessary, than if we used huge ones on sticks) with four different categories:

* police finger puppets * WTO delegate finger puppets * non-violent blockader finger puppets; and * Eugene Anarchist finger puppets.

Then we'll re-enact Seattle N30 in front of big corporate banks. At each bank we can all switch puppets and experience different roles. Plus, no real tear gas will be used!

We'll be roving the streets of Berkeley meeting out comic justice to horrible corporations which are killing the planet, controlling its people, and making life less fun than it should be.

Block a little traffic and party in the street!

Multi-national corporations within a 3 block radius of Berkeley BART that we'll try to visit:

***Banks and Financial institutions

Bank of America Citibank Wells Fargo Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter Union Bank Washington Mutual Cal Fed Bank

***Biggest landlord in Berkeley; owns over 1,000 units of housing (also defendant in recent sex slavery/death case)

Reddy Realty

***Fast Food, chain store food

McDonalds Starbucks Burger King Taco Bell Subway Sandwiches Jamba Juice Ben & Jerrys High Tech Burrito

***Corporations promoting cultural hegemony

Barnes & Noble Blockbusters

***Multi-national Auto corporations

Toyota

***Other Chain stores/corporate outposts

Mailboxes, Etc. Kinkos Eddie Bauer Walgreens Ross Dress for Less Princeton Review Site for Sore Eyes Sees Candy Powerbar Building (!) For Eyes 24 Hour Fitness

Some of our many DEMANDS: (add your own--bring a sign!)

* Corporations out of Berkeley! * Corporations out of the World! * No Work on Leap Day--Don't give your boss your extra day! * Free the commons / protect and enhance public space * Cars out of Berkeley! * No on Props 21 and 22! * Stop corporate graffiti (advertising) * Up with Frogs / Free the Creeks in Berkeley / Leap for it!

Bring visually interesting and fun stuff: noisemakers, finger puppets, bikes, skateboards, instruments, flags, signs, banners, decorations, pie pans

Wear a face mask or a disguise!

Sponsored by Crafts & Insurrection Convergence

For more information, ask a wingnut or call (510) WIN-GNUT

FORWARD WIDELY

--- VOTE MARCH 7 NO ON PROPOSITION 21 NO ON PROPOSITION 22

One love FREEDOM SCHOOL

tear up the streets and plant paradise

and just one week until Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Parade all day in Berkeley

Berkeley Critical Mass 7th Birthday and Slingshot 12th Birthday March 10th, 2000 Gather 5:30 Berkeley BART ride through town 6 PM Party at Long Haul/Infoshop 7:30 PM 3124 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley (2 blocks from Ashby BART) Cake, food, smash the car pinata

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Anarchist Action Network http://www.zpub.com/notes/aadl.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Go to Findlaw.com and get your FREE FLEECE from FindLaw. FindLaw is the Internet's best destination for free legal information! Take advantage of this offer and go to Findlaw.com now! http://click.egroups.com/1/1827/5/_/10118/_/951853308/

-- Easily schedule meetings and events using the group calendar! -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=a-act&m=1