Who Admires Hitler's Economy?

michael perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Jan 1 09:38:15 PST 2000

Doug,

I don't recall what Henry said about admiring Hitler's economic policy. Like Lynn Turgeon, I was impressed with Silverman, Dan P. 1997. Hitler's Economy: Nazi Work Creation Programs, 1933-1936 (Cambridge: Harvard University Press). The book suggests that, if you filter out the racist elements, Hitler's economic policy were, in effect, a clearer version of the New Deal.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu