Who Admires Hitler's Economy?

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Jan 1 12:50:45 PST 2000

Doug,

I do not disagree with either you or Kalecki. Nor was I recommending Hitler's policy. The point was that economic planning, even of the perverse sort that the Nazis used, has the potential to increase production substantially. In that sense, I made my separation of the political of economic aspects of Hitler's economic policy. When you read somebody who is there in the middle of it, such as Sohn-Rethel, you can see how the political aspects really messed up economic performance. For example the Nazis had little appreciation of the potential of the sort of modern technology that a company like Siemens represented.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901