Y2-nuthin'?

Boff Tagstumper bofftagstumper at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 08:40:40 PST 2000

I don't think the date rollover was a non-event, but one that at least some organizations did prepare adequately for. I think the Fed required that the market makers in government debt had to make sure that their systems were Y2K-OK several months ago and would actually go in and audit systems to confirm this.

On the other hand, (I'm just rumor mongering, mind you, so take this with a clump of salt) I've heard the Department of Agriculture Y2K preparedness was absolutely wretched, so folks who take an interest in the stats they produce might want to cast a cold eye on them in the coming months.

Oh, and ADP screwed up my employer's payroll on 12/31.

Rent's gonna be late... -- Curtiss Leung (subscribed from a new, siller address)