Religion and Radical Change (Chechnya and Kosovo: Alliances with Islam

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Jan 4 12:12:10 PST 2000

. . . While the Catholic hierarchy is the patriarchal mess its critics note, I still find more moral sustenance and outrage seeking social justice battling within (and with) that theological tradition than many I know swimming in the loose moral space of secular morality. . . .

One data point . . .

A friend of mine returned from Italy recently and told me the children of CPers in places like Bologna seemed preoccupied with entrepreneurship.

The youth most committed to social issues were religious Catholics.

mbs