Fwd: (50 Years) For those in DC area: Jan. 11 meeting on April mobilization (IMF/World Bank)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 4 12:35:57 PST 2000

From: soren at igc.org To: <stop-wb-imf at 50years.org> Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 14:26:35 -0500

MEETING! Tuesday - January 11 - 7 p.m.

To Plan Mobilization for April 2000 IMF/World Bank Spring Meetings & Related Events

On December 15, a group met at the University of the District of Columbia to hear reports from activists who had been at the Seattle meetings of the World Trade Organization. At that time, we agreed to begin work on a D.C. mobilization which would build on the momentum established in Seattle.

The occasion for that mobilization, the Spring Meetings of the World Bank and IMF (April 16-17), is approaching. Many of the groups that came together to organize for Seattle -- Global Exchange, Direct Action Network, Rainforest Action Network, and others -- are excited about this opportunity. We are looking at having several days of trainings and demos in advance of the Sunday, April 16 event, and at making connections up with the Jubilee 2000 mobilization being organized for April 9.

Please come to a planning meeting on Tuesday evening, January 11, 2000. We will be meeting in the same location we used December 15 -- the David A. Clarke School of Law at the University of the District of Columbia, 4200 Connecticut Ave. N.W., Building 39 (the main building near the metro stop), Room 201. The metro stop is UDC/Van Ness on the Red Line.

See you there!

=========================================================== 50 Years Is Enough Network http://www.50years.org