thegreatcrash.com press release

Zack Exley zee at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 4 15:26:59 PST 2000

Yes, it could go on for many years, but my point is that it must come to an end someday--with a great crash. The argument has been made many times in many books. One of the best was The Great Crash by Galbraith. But after 87 he did a great little "Brief History of Financial Euphoria in which he covers every major bubble from Tulips to 87.

The problem with predicting a crash (something left has always tried to do) is that you are often wrong. And each time you're wrong all your middle class friends and family who acted on your advice and pulled out of stocks are pissed at you.

So my plan with thegreatcrash.com is to not predict when, but just THAT it will come someday. As long as I crank out my "Crash of 200X" paraphernalia each year, I'll eventually be right, and have the chachkas(sp?) to prove it. It's just an elaborate joke, of course. But I'm really going to sell those shirts and posters.

I think the financial press will pick up the web site as a story for a few minutes one of these days.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Jordan Hayes Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 5:55 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: thegreatcrash.com press release

> Hey Jordan, why's he all wet?

He defines a crash as a 60% drop from the peak that stays below 50% of their peak until the end of the year. Can that happen? I don't think so; today was a nice fall (those Jan 720 OEX calls were down $20, but closed at $50 -- still a nice run from the $13 in October), but watch for the bounce tomorrow. My only question remains: where will all the cash go? Just because the market took profits today doesn't mean that there won't be another few $B rushing in tomorrow.

What are they going to do, buy bonds?

/jordan