Y2-nuthin'?

John Kawakami johnk at cyberjava.com
Tue Jan 4 22:30:41 PST 2000

At 12:05 PM 1/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey, so all you Y2K Chicken Littles out there - what happened? Too
>early to tell? Massive media coverup? Successful work by thousands of
>feverish programmers?
>
>Doug

Most data processing is crap. That is, it's not that important. We feel like we're in the machine, but really, we can disengage. I personally hit two tiny y2k bugs, and fixed them. Both were noncritical.

My personal prediction was some social chaos, and many mom-and-pop stores with little problems. Lo and behold, the second thing came to pass, according to some newspapers. (The solution is to use paper and pen again.)

John Kawakami johnk at cyberjava.com visit cyberjava at the corner of hollywood and la brea