a stalker's quandary

t byfield tbyfield at panix.com
Wed Jan 5 08:44:13 PST 2000

> Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 09:46:23 -0500
> From: "Charles Brown" <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us>

> You know, virtual ("sort of") stalking. Pinning you down as if, "ah
> ha. I have asked you questions you cannot answer, and thus I show that
> you betrayed me and its in the archive too." Relentlessly focussed on
> one individual, with no apparent reason, to shoiw them unable to
> answer questions on judgement day. "You will not be allowed in the
> kingdom of heaven, Yoshie Furuhashi." Well maybe not all that. But
> heavy virtual pressure. Interrogation, which is a postmod method, I
> believe. It is Platonic method too :asking you questions that they
> THINK make you look silly, silly. Like law professors.

i think you need to go back and check the _cine-roman_ of this; 'it's in the archive' was yoshie's line, not mine; i conceive of archives as realms of possibility, as opposed to things i can gesture at vaguely as a way out of justifying my fantasmagorical claims. but anyway, now that yoshie 'virtually' stuck her fingers in her ears while singing la-la-la, you're next. it'll take me a bit to shift gears from _silence of the lambs_ to _king of comedy_, though; please bear with me while i undergo renovations. actually, no, i changed my mind. you never put line breaks in and you're quoting style's too Unique: stalking you would be too much work.

cheers, t[ravis]