Mr. Byfield's C- Posts

Thu Jan 6 10:17:42 PST 2000

Plus, they are Platonic , stalking questions , no ?

But seriously, I think of 'postmods", as that term is used to refer to a range of thinkers, as left, and of the same political genus as Marxists. Perhaps, if we exhaust the negative dialectic, the contradiction between postmods and Marxoids, we can begin to pick up the pieces and start to form a joint and common struggle of some sort, such as we are.

Seems to me that postmods have developed a number dimensions of the liberation struggle which marxists should accept. Yet many marxists will not accept them in an overall process of demolishing many aspects of classical Marxism.

I've always thought structuralism, discourse focus, postmodernism, poststructuralism should be giving us more forms of propaganda, if you will excuse my use of that term in a positive sense, persuasive forms of political education, postmodern RHETORIC, in the sense of power forms of convincing people to join the movement.

At any rate , I don't think the marxist-postmod dialogue is exhausted. Far from it. The best is yet to come. The positive part, after the extensive contradictory struggle.

Lets crankup the Judith Butler read again.

CB

Charles Brown wrote:

>Did Postmods start criticizing Marxists first ? Who started it ?

Who cares? To me the question is whether this playground spirit - "He started it! No she did!!" - is going any intellectual or political good for anyone. I say no. Maybe you disagree.

Doug