Revolution Number 9

Mattcapri at aol.com Mattcapri at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 12:10:26 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/7/00 1:47:32 PM, debsian at pacbell.net writes:

<<P.S. Chomsky on Lehrer News Hour? Think the "Manufacturing Consent" Canadian documentary folks asked him that specifically. Think he was on once. And Jim Lehrer in response to media watchdog group Micheal Pugilese wrote: <<<FAIR, said that the News Hour was meant to be open to mainstream ruling class (I'm putting my words in his resonse into leftspeak- calling Seth Ackerman from FAIR!!! for accurate cite) think tankers and policy makers to hash out consensus and police the parameters of acceptable discourse/policy options. I do remember Jim Lehrer's final riposte, it was , "What have Michael Harrington on all the time!">>>

Is it only once? I stand corrected. I was under the impression he was on less than regularly but still once in a long while. My point was that the TV special that I referred to was a combination of a Zapatista documentary, rock concert documentary, and rock video. They visit Trotsky's "house" and chuckle at his rabbit hutches (my understanding is that he was quite interested in genetics). I seem to remember them discussing the '68 olympics/student actions, plenty of shots of Diego Rivera Murals, and of course the Zapatistas. Dela Rocha read from the (fourth?) declaration from the Lacandon Selva, which dissolved into some song of theirs. My point was that the presentation was of far more value than struggling for time on a talking head program, the messge was visceral, unmistakable and unlikely to prompt a call to the attention span police.

>From what I have heard through various grapevines, Dela Rocha is involved in
Zapatista solidarity in LA. mcapri