Cooper on Mumia

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 7 12:51:58 PST 2000

Chuck0 wrote:

>I have never been afraid to let my criticisms be known,
>especially my criticism that the Mumia support movement can't tolerate
>internal criticism, which I maintain has led it to make some foolish
>decisions.

I've never been quite clear on what the basic line of the Free Mumia movement is. That the death penalty is barbaric and racist? I passionately agree. That Mumia got a crappy trial? Can't disagree with that either. That he didn't kill the cop? About that I have no idea - and who really does except Mumia himself? That the cop deserved to die? Maybe he did, but that's different from saying he didn't kill the cop.

What foolish decisions are you talking about, Chuck?

Doug