Hotel Union Defends Illegal Immigrants

Andrew English aenglish at
Fri Jan 7 14:43:02 PST 2000

This case was covered on the front pages of both Twin Cities newspapers today. When the firings happened, the central labor council had a big rally of 600 people in protest, I heard. [I wasn't in town at the time of the rally, because I was working on an AFSCME strike in southern Illinois at the time.] HERE Local 17 (Hotel & Restaurant workers) is very active organizing here.

-Andy English AFSCME public affairs associate Minnesota Area Office

-----Original Message----- From: Nathan Newman <nathan.newman at> To: Lbo-Talk <lbo-talk at> Date: Friday, January 07, 2000 4:29 PM Subject: Hotel Union Defends Illegal Immigrants