Revolution Number 9

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Jan 8 07:39:23 PST 2000

> Thanks, Doug. Do like a few of their songs, (though usually more after
>having a bad day at work, and having had to repress wanting to shout f**k
>the bourgeoisie at the boss!) but, have to agree with your to the point
>review of their aesthetic akin the the worst of the 30's proletarian
novels.

Have you heard Atari Teenage Riot? http://www.nme.com/modchat/transcripts/25-10-1999/last2first.html Harsh noise German band who shout slogans like "Revolution!" Continually fighting neo-nazi wall o' noise bands. They know and work with Rage Against the Machine.

> Oh
>well, listen to "Oar" again, the ultra weird folk-rock album from one of
the
>Moby Grape guys, that makes
>Syd Barrett, after all that acid sound like the Mormon Tabernacle.
> Michael Pugliese, Kicking Out The Jams
>(thanks, MC5)

I gots the More Oar tribute album which has contributions from Tom Waits, Jay Farrar, Beck, and Robert Plant among others. Coincidently, I recently saw part of a Beck concert on cable and every now and then they'd show part of a goofy backstage interview he does with two guys. Well, the two guys are the two actors who play Bill Murray's ventriloquist tutorees in the film Cradle Will Rock! (The two are gay in the movie, c.f. Iriguay. Cradle Will Rock seems sorta like a bad 30s novel, but I'm glad it was made. They should have played the classic Van Halen song over the credits.)

Peter Kilander