Revolution Number 9/ "Noise" Bands/ Putz'es pierced anf Goetz'es Gun's

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 8 17:06:13 PST 2000

t byfield wrote: ... >malapropos, i did a focus group with genesis p. orridge a while ago. stylin' dude!

One of my old music club pals ("pallette" in this case?) met genesis p. orridge, backstage once, about 10 years ago. He wanted her to ogle his genital piercings (probably as radical as the ones I saw in the Body Mortification book that ex-punker V. Vale, put out, in his Re-Search series, lotsa hooks and other way weird s**t). She declined, and even me, newly "out" would've declined-well probably not, to be honest. Still that would be one piece of "Throbbing Gristle" (to non-fans of T.G. and Psychic T.V. those were/are genesis'es previous bands) to remember.

Another female punk rock friend, around then got into a heated argument with Exene Cervenka, in the women's restroom at a club, from "X" over Exene's defense of Bernard Goetz, the white subway vigilante.

And to quote the song by Boston punk noisemeisters,... (ah hell, can't remember their name, and I'm not gonna go through the 1000 vinyl records here in the apt.- Moby covered the song, pretty lamely I think), "That's When I Reach for my Revolver," and as John Lennon wrote, "Happiness is a Warm Gun!" (Watch me get a piece of direct mail from the NRA or the Gun Owners of America...)

Michael Pugliese