Revolution Number 9/ "Noise" Bands/ Putz'es pierced anf Goetz'esGun's

frances bolton fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sat Jan 8 18:04:47 PST 2000

Michael Pugliese wrote:

>One of my old music club pals ("pallette" in this case?) met genesis p.
>orridge, backstage once, about 10 years ago. He wanted her to ogle his
>genital piercings (probably as radical as the ones I saw in the Body
>Mortification book that ex-punker V. Vale, put out, in his Re-Search
>series, lotsa hooks and other way weird s**t). She declined, and even me,
>newly "out" would've declined-well probably not, to be honest.

Actually, there are a number of nude photos of Gen P.orridge in that book, so you can ogle him there. As I recall, his piercings were relatively tame, as were his tattoos. In that book he also said that he met his (now ex-) wife Paula when she was 14 and he was 20-something, but my tattooist, who knows them fairly well, tells me that she was quite a bit younger than that. I believe the word D. used was "pedophile."

Frances