Revolution Number 9/ "Noise" Bands/ Putz'es pierced anf Goetz'es

Uday Mohan udaym at igc.org
Sat Jan 8 19:53:08 PST 2000

Mission of Burma weren't really noisemeisters--they had some pretty tuneful songs, eg "Academy Fight Song." And one of them told me he didn't really consider the band part of the punk/new wave scene. So many of the punk/new wave/no wave/early industrial bands sound so tame now, but it was an exciting scene. Anyone know what Glenn Branca is doing these days? His high-decibel guitar-based pandemoniums were great. I recall reading that John Cage thought Branca's pieces were fascistic because they were so loud that they made everyone feel the same thing. Uday Mohan