Zizek on Christianity

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 9 17:40:02 PST 2000

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>Zizek should have no reason to be concerned about whether or not I like his
>work. He is well known and probably well remunerated (as academics go),
>whereas my criticisms of his work are only available from LBO-talk. No
>practical threat to his reputation.

Probably not, but he seemed genuinely curious. He asked with force (though he says pretty much everything with force), and repeated the question twice.

I don't see an answer in your quotes from Sartre, or your comments on them. Are you saying that anything like psychology is just too individualistic for a Marxist to take seriously? All we are is dust in the historical wind?

Doug