Moore talks tough, again

Tue Jan 11 09:34:49 PST 2000

Hoffa is talking tough too. From today's NYT (White House Steps Up Efforts for China Trade Deal):

"Labor groups, meanwhile, have vowed to see the China trade deal defeated, with many expressing optimism that the momentum generated in Seattle will will propel opposition to the China accord. Unions say that Congress cannot treat China like any other big trading partner because it treats workers badly and regularly violates trade agreements. "'We will flood every Congressional office with phone class, letters and visits," James P Hoffa, president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, said: 'We will do whatever it takes. And with the momentum from Seattle, we will win.'" p. C4

rnb