"Economic Nationalism"?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 11 20:59:54 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> The whole class? Or a portion of the class - a vanguard, say - that
> then becomes a ruling class, ruling in the name of the ruled, but
> ruling nonetheless?
>
> Irritating Carrol with more questions-without-answers,

No -- you did give answers this time. There are, as you say, no answers, or at least any that will be known until the historians sum up after the fact.

I would only add a footnote. Any one who expects answers in advance to this question should get out of the business of opposing capitalism. The desired answer will be a matter of practice worked out on the run inside the resistance movements -- perhaps a score or so of them over several centuries.

Carrol