OECD: new rules for MNCs?

Steve Grube grube at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 13 17:20:56 PST 2000

This FT article looks like a big fat PR piece, so the question is really what are we even reading about here? The fifth quote I listed shows the obvious source, but who is Kevin Brown anyway and what's his past "journalism" like on these issues?

Financial Times - January 12, 2000 (Excerpts shown below -S.G.)

OECD: Tough rules for multinationals By Kevin Brown in London

"Multinational companies face tough new restrictions on their international activities under a draft code of conduct. . ."

"Business lobbies and some member states are understood to have criticised the proposals privately. . ."

"Some member states, including Australia, are also thought to have pointed out that monitoring multinationals' compliance with the rules is likely to be difficult. . ."

"Officials say the generally tough tone of the draft. . ."

"The OECD's Business and Industry Advisory Committee, which represents employers' groups, has told officials. . ."