net gambling: the Next Big Thing

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Thu Jan 13 07:49:25 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Business Wire - Wednesday January 12, 8:07 am Eastern Time
>
> Company Press Release
>
> Is Internet Gambling the Next Internet Explosion?
>
> Bear Stearns unveils a comprehensive report on what could be the next
> big investment opportunity on the Internet

Just a minute, I'm confused. Isn't day trading and playing the stock market a from of gambling?

Let's see, I'll put my life's savings on Etoys.com Red 17.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

-- Chuck0

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop http://www.infoshop.org/

Leonard Peltier Freedom Month Executive Clemency For Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/lpfreedommonth.html

Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Now! http://www.infoshop.org/gulag/mumia_idx.html

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe