Benneton does death row

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 13 09:28:43 PST 2000

[bounced bec of an attachment]

From: Mattcapri at aol.com Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:42:40 EST

Apparently Benneton has, gone beyond its Big Blue Marble ad aproach and is now a 96 page insert featuring death row inmates. I am going to try to get a hold of this thing. I realize this may be a heavily chewed over subject, but I found this article in the most recent Advertising Age. Nothing about this in Brandweek, and Adweek is absent from the library.

http://adage.com/news_and_features/ad_review/archives/ar20000110.html

I was so shokced I had a whiskey drink, then a vodka drink, then a lager drink, then a cider drink.

I think its very easy to spout truisms about how capitalists well sell you the potato spuds to fry them with, but I feel it is necessary to look at these sorts of things in the specific, particularly these days.; mcapri