Washington plan WB/IMF action

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Jan 15 21:07:45 PST 2000

Mark Rickling wrote:

> From: "Chuck0" <chuck at tao.ca>
>
> > We're thinking
> > about organizing a labor aspect to the April festivities. We'll probably
> > contact the local unions, even though personally I'm loathe to work with
> > the business unions who have a long history of collaborating with
> > capital.
>
> Which of the local unions in the DC area have a long history of
> collaborating with capital? Could you recount this history of collaboration
> for us?

Pardon the poor sentence construction. I was referring to business unions in general, like the AFL-CIO. Don't know much about the local unions, other than the Justice for Janitors folks. Actually, I know that some members of one of the union at the Labor Department were unhappy with their leadership.

-- Chuck0 http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

Dr. Laura is scared of this sig file +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop http://www.infoshop.org/

Spunk Library http://www.spunk.org/ "All the anarchy you'll ever need, organized neatly and with reassuring authority."

-- 1998 Rough Guide to the Internet

FREE MUMIA ABU-JAMAL AND LEONARD PELTIER! +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=