Back to Conspiracy

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Jan 18 07:26:24 PST 2000

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 07:35:15 -0500 Tom Lehman <uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu> writes:
>Chip--well taken if your talking about logic.
>
>In this case we are talking about a petty criminal who was an
>unemployed
>drifter or in todays' parlance a homeless person, who has the money to
>buy
>a high power rifle, set up an ambush to kill a vip politician and then
>make
>his escape over two continents and 3 or 4 countries.

I'd agree with Carrol that people can overdo the emphasis on conspiracies since after all the ruling class often very openly perpetuates all manner of crimes. (And the emphasis on conspiracies does tend lead people to focus on the actions of particular individuals at the expense of institutional analysis). However, in the case of the assasination of Dr. King it does strain credulity to suppose that a penniless, petty criminal (who had up to then demonstrated little talent even in that field of endeavor) should have been able to pull off this hit and then managed to escape overseas and elude capture for several days all by himself.

Jim F.

________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.