Bradley's Health Care Proposal

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Jan 19 11:58:12 PST 2000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Chuck Grimes wrote:

> Marta,
>
> Explain to Joe Noonan all the various ways that large health
> corporations from hospitals and HMO's to physician groups, residential
> to skill nursing facilities, to the giant equipment manufactures, drug
> industry, and private insurance industries are the beneficiaries to
> the federal billions.

Neither Marta nor Chuck need explain any of these things to me -- I don't disagree with anything either of you wrote. I was taking issue with something Nathan wrote.

> I am too fed-up with these slime to bother any more. Here's
> an example. The fed and states don't administer either the
> fed or their own state programs directly, but contract them
> out to guess who? Private insurance industry. They take a
> cut, hire 5.00/hr drones to deny requested services and then
> let the beneficiary appeal--more likely a hospital
> administration of other 5.00/hr people in collections.

Gee really? I had no fucking klew! You mean to say we are still living under capitialism!?!

FYI, I've spent more fucking time in hospitals over that two years to be rather familliar with the way they work. One thing I have learned: don't go anywhere near for profit hospitals. Columbia HCA, in particular.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com