Insect Exterminator Tom DeLay on those Godless Clintonite Counterculturalists

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 20 10:45:46 PST 2000

Is This Guy a Comedian or what?

Michael Pugliese And if I can get Gabriel Kolko's or James Weinstein's e-mail, I'll tell them that Tom here must be a reader of their work on "Corporate Liberalism" LOL. Seriously, DeLay is a nut for that far right line that the Fortune 500 and their "philanthropic" orgs. are supporting the radical-liberal left in its multiculturalist, globaloney NWO plot to have the UN take away their 2nd Amendment RTKABA.

Michael ...................................................................... Posted at 11:59 a.m. EST Thursday, January 20, 2000 DeLay attacks Clinton, liberals, calls for 'rediscovering our values' WASHINGTON -- (AP) -- Setting a combative tone for this election year, House Majority Whip Tom DeLay accused the Clinton administration and liberals today of despoiling ``a set of values that binds us together as Americans.'' He summoned conservatives to restore those values. ``The administration that has held the White House for almost eight years now has moved through the cherished institutions of our nation like a threshing machine, leveling everything in its path,'' DeLay, R-Texas, said in a speech to the conservative Heritage Foundation. Standing alone in defense of ``a conservative world view'' has been the Republican-dominated Congress, said DeLay, who has become one of the conservative movement's closest allies in Congress. ``We have challenged the counterculture activists who run Hollywood, confronted the trial lawyers who dominate the courts, and struck back against the corporate liberalism that has come to dominate so many American companies,'' he said. ``Our cause, the defense of our values, has never changed,'' he added. ``We lack only a united conservative front that can guide a cause to victory. And that means a Republican president working with a Republican Congress.'' DeLay's remarks underline the GOP's need for a strong turnout this November by the party's core conservative voters as Republicans struggle to retain control of the House. The GOP's hold on the 435-member House is so slim that a net Democratic gain of five seats would give that party control of the chamber. DeLay cited President Clinton's vetoes of Republican-passed initiatives to cut taxes and ban certain late-term abortions -- and even his administration's effort to return 6-year-old Elian Gonzalez to his father in Cuba -- as evidence of a need to give the GOP control of the White House and Congress in the fall elections. ``There is a set of values that binds us together as Americans,'' he said, adding, ``They are our faith in God, our belief in the sanctity of human life, our acceptance of moral absolutes and our certainty that we are ultimately accountable for our own actions.'' DeLay's remarks follow months in which some conservatives have seem disillusioned with their ability to win legislative successes in Washington, and have questioned some decisions by GOP leaders to strike budget compromises with Clinton. Declaring that congressional Republicans have been battling for the conservative cause, DeLay said, ``So you can understand my frustration when some of our friends in the conservative movement allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good. All conservatives want to do more, but achieving more will require an expanded Republican majority.'' His remarks contained few specific legislative proposals. But he said that ``rediscovering our values'' would include support for ``faith-based institutions,'' attacking violence and obscenity, reducing taxes and regulations that he said hurt families, supporting the military and a foreign policy that supports people seeking religious and political freedom. Contact Us Copyright 2000 Miami Herald