Nader attack: your posting

kayak3 kayak3 at bouldernews.infi.net
Thu Jan 20 13:49:59 PST 2000

John Halle wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:44:33 -0500
> > From: "Chip Berlet" <cberlet at igc.org>
> > Subject: Re: Nader attack: your posting
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Me too!
> >
> > Kovel is a brilliant academic theorist,
> > an accessible progressive populist organizer,
> > a politico who rejects economic nationalism
> > and a warm and friendly person.
> > .
> >
> > That leaves Nader 0 for 4 in this contest.
> >
> > - -Chip Berlet
> >

> > > I'm a big fan of Joel Kovel's. I'd vote for him under any circumstances.

Who is Joel Kovel and what makes him a better candidate than Ralph Nader? It would be nice to have an alternative to Nader. A couple of weeks ago I heard a Nader speech where he was critisizing Noam Chomsky. Not that I worship Chomsky but Nader seemed to be attacking Chomsky for no other reason than for self aggrandizment. Nader also seems to be week on social issues.

Brad Hatch