uncanny parallels, revisited

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Jan 20 21:33:07 PST 2000

>Alexander Cockburn in New York Press, January 19-25, 2000:
>
>>E-MAIL SOLVES POVERTY!

Browsing Counterpunch's web site today, I found "favorite website" links for The Economic Policy Institute and "a perceptive, if quirky, economic journal," LBO.

Here's a link for their "Top 100 (and a few more) Non-fiction works of the 20th Century." http://www.counterpunch.org/top100nf.html

I'd be interested to hear comments about the list from the learned (and quirky) amongst you. I'm proud to say I have Edward Abbey's Fool's Progress Harry Braverman, Labor and Monopoly Capital: the degradation of work in the Twentieth Century William Empson, Seven Types of Ambiguity Noam Chomsky, The Fateful Triangle: the United States, Israel and the Palestinians Christopher Hill,The World Turned Upside Down: radical ideas during the English revolution Andrew Kopkind, The Thirty Years' War: dispatches and diversions of a radical journalist 1965-1994 Peter Linebaugh,The London Hanged: crime and civil society in the Eighteenth Century Edward Said, Orientalism EP Thompson, The Making of the English Working Class

and have read a few

Peter Kilander - not above a little chest-thumping