Kovel

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri Jan 21 09:20:21 PST 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
> >anti-labor Dolan
>
> Please elaborate...

Several of the D.C. Wobblies attended the National Press Club press conference back in December which featured Hoffa and a variety of other labor and environmental leaders. Dolan was there, in the wings, and he scowled at us the whole time. Mind you, it was just 3 of us, wearing a few Wobbly things. If anything, maybe he was worried because there were some folks in the room who were younger than 30.

Anyway, he ran into our branch secretary the next day on the street and asked why we thought we had a right to attend that press conference. Our IWW guy responded, by asking Dolan how he got off acting like the leader of the anti-WTO actions, when nobody in Seattle had ever heard of him.

-- Chuck0

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop http://www.infoshop.org/

Leonard Peltier Freedom Month Executive Clemency For Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/lpfreedommonth.html

Free Mumia Abu-Jamal Now! http://www.infoshop.org/gulag/mumia_idx.html

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe