Kovel

Jeffrey St. Clair sitka at home.com
Fri Jan 21 11:13:42 PST 2000

> In a message dated 1/21/00 8:50:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> nathan.newman at yale.edu writes:
>
> << If labor folks or Democratic activists used terms like "police informant"
> or
> other slurs, St. Clair would be the first to decry it, yet he uses this kind
> of
> language against long-term activists who have done far more in their lives
> for
> social justice than he ever will.

If you get "social justice" points for ratting on protesters and young black men and helping racist thugs like Richard Riordan get elected, then Dolan definitely has done more for the cause than I have.

If, on the other hand, helping start the nuclear freeze movement, spending time in El Salvador and Guatemala during the height of the recent unpleasantness down there, being one of the first white boys to be active in the environmental justice movement, working with AIM on Indian reserverations, taking on the timber industry in the belly of the beast, and helping to expose the CIA counts for anything, then I'd stack my credentials against Dolan's any day of the week.--jsc