Valid Conspiracy Theory

Mon Jan 24 08:51:12 PST 2000

>>> John Halle <john.halle at yale.edu> 01/22/00 02:41PM >>>
>
> I always admired Alexander Cockburn's assessment of Lee Oswald that,
> whatever one thought of his methods, his reaction against the
> imperialist Kennedy was wholly understandable. Incidentally the Chomsky
> book on Camelot demolishes the Stone thesis. My father sold an anarchist
> newspaper in Leeds around the time of the assassination with the
> headline 'So What?'
>
> - --
> Jim heartfield

Right. And its also worth mentioning that both the CIA and the Warren commission made a concerted effort to cover up what Oswald's specific motives were known to be, namely to retaliate for Kennedy's using the CIA to attempt to assassinate Castro. That the CIA under Kennedy was in the business of running what Johnson would call "a goddamned murder incorporated" would not become known until the Church committee hearings in the seventies.

Insofar as there was a conspiracy by the CIA to cover up the assassination it was this.

CB: Maybe. All of these are hypotheses. The big hole in your hypothesis is that you make it sound like Johnson would put a stop to the CIA being "a goddamned murder incorporated". If anything , Johnson expanded CIA as murder incorporated. Also, your version has it sounding like an actual lefty , Oswald, killed Kennedy. Not very flattering to the Left, so it sounds more like a rightwing version of events. Was Oswald's murderer, Jack Ruby, a Lefty ? No. Why would Johnson and the Warren Commission be so anxious to coverup for a wild ,leftwing radical ( your shaky version of Oswald). Your story does not hang together with the other facts.

CB