Why Decry the Wealth Gap?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 25 06:56:40 PST 2000

kayak3 wrote:

>I'm going to record an interview with Cox in
> > about 10 days for later radio broadcast; it's going to be fun to give him a
> > hard time.
>
>Not living in broadcast range it would be be nice to have access to the
>transcripts if it is possible.

Believe it or not, the crack WBAI engineering staff screwed up the taping, so the interview was unplayable.

By the way, the income mobility stuff from the 1995 Dallas Fed report was incorporated without any change into their book. I asked Cox if he'd read Gottschalk's critique, and he said yes, but basically said it didn't matter. Of course, they don't even mention it in the book.

Doug