Valid Materialist Theory

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Jan 26 11:10:57 PST 2000

Nukes are cheap. The great cost in the military budget is non-nuclear procurement and labor. By making nukes less feasible, JFK could have had the effect of raising the budget, not lowering it.

If this is the "core" of an explanation for the assassination, it's pretty weak, IMO.

My working hypothesis is that multiple betrayals of Cuban exiles and Mafiosi by JFK, in concert w/intelligence cronies, was the first conspiracy. The second one was the establishment cover-up, because the public could not be permitted to learn that such things are possible in America.

It was either that or "cancer man."

mbs

As Eisenhower let out, a main feature of U.S. state-monopoly capitalism circa 1960 was the military-industrial complex. I believe Comrade Henwood has writen about "military Keynesianism". In signing a nuclear test ban treaty with the Soviet Union, Kennedy may have cost the complex billions of dollars of potential profits. This was enough of a screwup to get the president of the American "corporation" fired, literally and figuratively by this major shareholder bloc. This is the core of the systematic capitalist, not conspiratorial, explanation for the assassination of Kennedy. CB