Greenspan on Seattle (Jim O'Connor)

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Jan 26 18:17:06 PST 2000

I agree with Jim O'Connor's perspective on globalization. I would like to add one minor factor. Imagine that the U.S. exports a car to another country. Many of the parts of that car happened to be imported also. The world level of production increases by the price of a car, the world trade increases by the price of the car plus the cost of the parts. None of this detracts from one Jim says.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu