CIA feminist backs Gore

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 27 08:43:51 PST 2000

At 10:12 AM 1/27/00 -0500, Doug Henwood quoted Gloria Steinem:
>Still, it isn't fair or helpful to suggest that our courageously
>pro-choice Vice President should have reached that decision even longer ago
>than he did. I'm happy to have endorsed Al Gore for President, and I hope
>that Bill Bradley, someone I also respect, will not discourage others from
>becoming pro-choice by the idea that change at any time is not welcome.

What a shame - can't the liberals get over the "lesser weevil" mentality? As Marc Cooper aptly observed in his latest piece in The Nation - most pwogies are genuinely frustrated with both candidates. In that situation voting "none of the above" (e.g. independent, green or even ralph nader) would be more meaningful than blanket endorsement of the handpicked corporate henchmen.

wojtek