Interesting Article from The Nation

Pahtoo at aol.com Pahtoo at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 14:19:42 PST 2000

Kevin Danaher wrote in The Nation:

<< The AFL-CIO march was originally planned to bypass by several blocks

our positions blocking the WTO. AFL-CIO leaders changed the route of

the march to bring it right alongside our lines. As the tens of

thousands of unionists marched by the intersections we were blocking,

thousands of them peeled off and fortified our lines. Anyone who was

there could have seen this. >>

What a whopper! These guys have such a hard-in for their supposed coalition, they'll resort to complete fabrications. As one who was there and certainly did not see this and instead saw labor "marshals" directing their parade away from the fray (three hours after the start of the beatdown), I completely agree with Cockburn's and IUE's Jeff Crosby's rebuttal of this nonsense.

Michael Donnelly