Questions for you Nader Fans

Patrick Bond pbond at wn.apc.org
Sat Jul 1 09:52:29 PDT 2000

> From: Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com>
> I was speaking exclusively about labor law, Carrol. There, and only
> there, Nathan has convinced me the Democrats have been consistently
> better.

Michael, I've been away, and too busy to track this thread so my apologies for posing a perhaps off-track query.

If (to put it crudely) Domhoff, Navarro and the like are right that the Republican Party is the preferred political home of relatively labour-intensive capitalists (and hence hostile to good labour law) and if the Democratic Party is the preferred home of financial, commercial and property capital, and if the latter are the most avid exponents of neoliberalism, then why are you and Nathan willing to grant credit around a meagre legislative agenda when it is Clinton-Gore neoliberalism and the accumulation process it supports that poses such a profound threat to worker interests (across the world)? (PLEASE NOTE TWO TELEPHONE # CHANGES BELOW)

Patrick Bond (pbond at wn.apc.org) home: 51 Somerset Road, Kensington 2094 South Africa phone: (2711) 614-8088 work: University of the Witwatersrand Graduate School of Public and Development Management PO Box 601, Wits 2050, South Africa work email: bondp at zeus.mgmt.wits.ac.za NEW work phone: (2711) 717-3917 work fax: (2711) 484-2729 NEW cellphone: (27) 83-633-5548