Questions for you Nader Fans

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jul 1 09:51:09 PDT 2000

Michael Pollak wrote:

>Well for one thing, there's his past enthusiasm for deregulation as a
>panacea in trucking, airlines, etc., which didn't seem to show any
>sensitivity to the union-busting dimension.

Actually, about 10 years ago I read some of the original Nader's Raiders reports, Not that I trust my powers of memory any more, but as I recall they were quite explicit in treating the transportation unions as regulation-protected monopolists, who needed a good dose of competition.

Maybe someone with a better memory or a copy of The Interstate Commerce Omission could straighten this out.

Doug