fw: Marxist jeopardy

frances bolton fbolton224 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 16:10:34 PDT 2000

Penley also talks about slash fandom in a piece called "Brownian Motion: Women, Tactics, and Technology." She's referring to women who write gay Star trek pornography, most of which make explicit the homoerotic subtext of the show. just glanced through the article again--reminded me of why I left grad school. i think it's superficial cult stud bullshit. The piece to which I'm referring is in a book entitled "Technoculture*, editd by Penley and Andrew Ross.

frances