FW: [Fwd: pho: Rifkin: The Age of Access]

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 5 16:34:23 PDT 2000

Man, Rifkin is TIRED. He's been announcing "the dawning of a new age," "revolutionary paradigm shifts," "epochal transitions," etc. etc. etc. for about 30 years now, variously through biotechnology, the shift to digital watches (!), the "end of work," blah blah blah. The first time it was kind of interesting. Then you realize -- he's full of shit. CK

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2000 4:43 PM Subject: Re: FW: [Fwd: pho: Rifkin: The Age of Access]

> Steve Perry wrote:
>

> > > http://www.latimes.com/business/cutting/20000703/t000062700.html
> >>
> >> Monday, July 3, 2000
> >> He May Be Prophet or Pessimist, but Should Be Heard
> >>
> >> Jeremy Rifkin's new book describes a world shifting to
'hypercapitalism,'
> >where
> >> cultural experiences are chief commodity.
> > >
> >> By GARY CHAPMAN
> >>
> >> Jeremy Rifkin has another "big idea," which he describes in great
detail
> >in his
> >> new book "The Age of Access: The New Culture of Hypercapitalism Where
All