broke? borrow!

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Thu Jul 6 07:25:33 PDT 2000

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Carl Remick wrote:

> >From: Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com>
> >
> >Why is Grant politically suspect?
>
> As I recall, Jim Grant fetishizes sound money to an inordinate degree and
> may well be a gold bug. His heroes seem limited mainly to bankers who say
> no to easy credit.

Which is why I someone who saw money as a social relation, rather than something 'sound' or 'unsound', would write a history of credit as a social relation over the last 100 years...

Frankly, all this 'credit bubbles are leading us to Hell' stuff is about as meaningful as wishing for the return of Keynesianism.

Peter -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844