The heart of a leftist

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 07:21:55 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/7/00 5:03:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gcf at panix.com writes:

<< Can't we call David Horowitz a Stalinist? I thought that

was actually his bag at one time -- a lot of people have said

so, maybe including David himself. And he's not on the list

(I hope), so we can abuse him quite roundly without fear of

reprisal, when in need of invigoratin >>

In his dim youth, he was a devotee and disciple of Isaac Deutscher, a great Polish-British Marxist historian who was a sort of quasi-Trotskyist with, however, strong apologetic leanings towards the system Stalin created. H's views, when he was a Marxist, were fairly reasonable for their time. He was no bright light even then, but he did eddit a couple of useful volunes for MR Press, and edited Ramparts maagazine, an attempt at creating a new left mass publication. His current mentality is classically Stalinist. down to the ad hominems, hysteria, the lot. --jks