religion

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jul 8 13:09:21 PDT 2000

kelley wrote:

>there's a lot of problems with data like this. for on thing, is
>this individual or family income?

Don't have the book at hand, though I will in a couple of hours, but I'm guessing individual, since the highest income, Unitarian, was $34,800 at a time when median household income was around $31,000.

As for the "there's a lot of problems with data like this," reputable sociologists designed the survey, not mere journalists.

>other than that, what's the difference between deepok chopra, the
>celestine prophecy, john bradshaw, that dip of men are from mars,
>women from venus, etc and 'fundamentalism/evangelism'?

I don't think Deepak Chopra practices snake handling, for one. Though from having listened to some of his nonsense, I think he might practice speaking in tongues.

Doug