religious crackpots in public life, was Re: The heart of a leftist

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Sun Jul 9 07:23:47 PDT 2000

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000 11:07:19 -0700 Lisa & Ian Murray <seamus at accessone.com> wrote:

> >>Religion is a way of coming to terms with something that is lacking, a
foundational flaw in the human character.

> What foundational flaw? Isn't that, itself a primal, erroneous, myth? Or are
you referring to our mortality and our refusal to come to terms with it?

I'm not supposed to talk about L---n on this list, or Z---k for that matter, so I'll refuse to answer that questions on the grounds that it might start an argument that I don't really have lots of time to vindicate. But, with that being said, even if one accepts the most elementary of Freud's theses, the structure of the psyche for instance, then the subject is split and fractured. This "flaw" is the conflict between the agencies... in a nutshell.

ken, didn't say LACAN!