Women's Movements & "Family Values" (was Re: religious crackpots in public life)

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Sun Jul 9 08:43:20 PDT 2000

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:24:07 -0400 Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> Suffrage leaders like Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton drew
parallels between prostitution and marriage, arguing that in both institutions women engaged in sexual relations in return for economic support.

Wasn't there a competing women's organization(s) - an 'auxilliary' group - that campaigned against the suffrage movement? I seem to recall some mention of this in a documentary on Anthony and Stanton. I could be wrong.

ken