Catching Up

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jul 9 09:20:14 PDT 2000

Hello girls.

I'm back from vacation and sorting thru about a thousand messages. As best I am able to determine, DeLong has gone in for juggling. Henwood has been exposed as a liberal, though an undependable one. Kelley has been dating Herbert Aptheker. Jones reports that capitalism is on its last legs and revolution is imminent -- for sure some time in the next sixty years. Devine is still correcting Paul Krugman, and Carrol is still correcting everyone else. Perelman is doing research on fertilizer, obviously with the benefit of a limitless supply (take that, MJ!). Mackendrick is locked in a ferocious argument of some kind w/Yoshie.

U.S. Imperialism is plotting against Canada to steal its precious fluids. Chelsea is no longer a virgin. The premier of South Africa says you don't get AIDS from AIDS. Mexico is being turned into a theme park, tho nathan says it will have free park benches, North Korea is being turned into a shopping mall, and Japan is not a utopia, though it's better than the other utopias. I think that about covers everything.

Somehow my posts are winding up on Marxism- Feminism, two streams of thought with which my connections are tenuous, to say the least. And I've been subscribed to a list on the subject of Tapioca, which is fine since it's my second favorite, after butterscotch.

Oh and Mine's posts crash my mail program when I open them. Sorry, Mine, we can't keep meeting like this. Every time we say goodbye, I cry a little.

mbs