Fwd: What if the Republicans were ousted from control of Congress

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 12 10:32:41 PDT 2000

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> It still comes down to the same question. Who would you rather fight
> and over what ground?

I think there is another question: Who would you rather ally yourself with symbolically? And my answer is with that majority that does not vote -- but who must eventually move politically (other than electorally) if we are to see significant reversal of the rightist trend of the last three decades. In my lifetime the group of people whose political achievements were most significant were almost all non-voting blacks (though they were fighting for the right to vote).

Carrol