Primitive accumulation

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Jul 13 20:35:36 PDT 2000

In a talk by Michael Lind he noted that one of the early Chief Justice's, can't remember which one, once remarked that the wealth of the nation was directly derived from dispossession of Indians. If anybody knows the cite, I'd appreciate hearing it.

mbs

> From an op-ed in today's times on New York City's deep
complicity in
> slavery by Eric Foner:
>
> On the eve of the Civil War, the economic value of
slaves in the
> United States was $3 billion in 1860 currency, more
than the
> combined value of all the factories, railroads and
banks in the

City..............mpollak at panix.com